THAI YOGA BODYWORK – level 1
Once the practicum has concluded, participants receive their certificate and can then move on into their practice as Thai Bodyworkers in their community.
- An overview of the history of Thai massage including a review of ancient documents and drawings by monks who created the system
- Accessing “sen” or energy lines
- Massage techniques & assisted stretches
- Trainees will receive a training manual that contains the sequence and overview of the history and methodology
- Breath work and meditation for sustainability and endurance while facilitating massage and self-care techniques
- Each attendee will receive Francisco’s 1 hour Thai Massage video
Bodyworkers who have been certified in Thai Yoga Bodywork Level 1 with the Synergy Yoga School are eligible to participate in the Level 2 course. The Level 2 course gives participants further insight into the practice and assists them to expand the creativity of their sequencing.
Level 2 introduces the participants to Ayurveda in order to understand the various constitutions or types of bodies that are referred to as “doshas”. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of how to alleviate pain and move the energy through the Sen lines to provide clients with more energy and deeper healing.
This course is led over three full days and is a continuation of the Level 1 course. Bodyworkers who have concluded Level 1 and have maintained a continuous practice over the course of a year are eligible for the Level 2 program.
Ayurveda Portion of Level 2 Certification
Intro to Ayurveda Lecture:
A 2-hour interactive lecture on what exactly Ayurveda is, the history of Ayurveda, and how Ayurveda, yoga, and Thai massage are interrelated.
This lecture will give a brief intro into:
- Ayurvedic principles: Sankhya Philosophy, the definition of disease
- Doshas: How the doshas correlate not only to humans but to seasons, time of day, time of life, etc.
- Diet: The Ayurvedic way to approach food
- How to bring balance into one’s life using Ayurveda: Morning routine, self-care, eating, Pranayama, etc.
- How to take this base information and apply it to giving a Thai massage: How to properly observe a client:
- Client body scan assessment
- Speech assessment
- Example intake form with questions that will help dictate the nature of the massage
Pranayama work to begin session with. What pranayama is good for what dosha imbalance, etc.
- Thai massage yoga posture review: what postures benefit what doshic imbalance
- What is Marma therapy?
- What is the difference between Marma therapy and acupressure?
- Review of key marma points and demonstration of a marma sequence one can take their clients through at the conclusion of the session
A 2-hour session to review questions and the marma sequence. More in-depth information regarding the designated points and techniques to use.
Date: October 14th – 16th, 2022
Location: Washington DC,
Teachers: Francisco Morales
COST: $1,200 USD
Early Bird: $1,100 USD
SPACE IS LIMITED to 20 participants, so register early.
Date: October 21-22-23, 2022
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Situated in at Thai Yoga Bodywork a private studio in the heart of Milwaukee. The studio is managed by Miriam Atinsky, a graduate of the Synergy Thai Yoga Bodywork program. We are very excited to be returning to Miriam’s new studio in Milwaukee.
COST: $850 USD
Early Bird: $800
SPACE IS LIMITED to 8 participants, so register early.